Are you one of those people who are so rushed for time that you have begun to rely on take-out menus and fast food when you’re in a pinch? According to the Pew Research Center, Americans visit fast food establishments a combined 50 million times a day. While there’s nothing wrong with delivery and take-out in moderate amounts, relying on them can be costly, not to mention unhealthy. The next time you’re at the grocery store, pick up these items. Next time you are rushed for time, you’ll be able to go to your pantry and freezer instead of your phone.
- Pasta and Sauces (Alfredo, Tomato, etc.)
- Bulk rice
- Frozen Pizzas (Much cheaper than delivery)
- Frozen veggies (Corn, peas, green beans, etc..)
- Soup stocks (Vegetable, Chicken, Beef)
- At least two kinds of bread. (Sub Rolls, loaves, etc..)
- Two kinds of lunch meat.
- Two kinds of freezable meats (Chicken breast, ground beef, etc…)
If this list seems obvious or even too simplistic to you, then you’re probably fine. But you’d be surprised how many people get caught up in the convenience of not doing a decent grocery run. With fast food revenue sitting somewhere around $110 billion annually, there’s a lot of room for improvement.